For my birthday I was given a great new book ‘Calm’ and a journal from my friends. To help me find some calm in my life and to de-stress a little. I have been writing in my journal everyday and on Wednesday’s I go through the daily highlights I’ve written down and pick out my 10 favourites.
Sorry for missing last week’s calm post. Things got a bit manic and something had to give. That something was blogging. I’m pleased to be back though and I’ve been doing some pretty cool stuff, so here are my top ten moments from the last 14 days.
- A weekend away in London. Just me and husb. All grown up and relaxing. It was lovely to just spend a bit of time with each other.
- Going to The Science Museum for the first time ever. There is so much to see and I’m definitely taking L when he’s a bit bigger and can concentrate for more than 3 minutes straight. The place is huge and I was exhausted by then end. I couldn’t take in everything we saw!
- Getting to have an awesome cooking experience at School of Wok. I can’t remember the last time I had so much fun. Honestly one of the best things I’ve done.
- Going on a Thames River cruise. Both being exhausted from the previous day we couldn’t face another museum or gallery, but we had time to spare in London. So we plonked on a boat and saw the sights. Even though I go to London all the time and do a fair few touristy things I loved it and husb who barely goes to London really enjoyed getting to see so much from the river.
- Of course the best bit about any weekend away without my son is getting home and cuddling him. Getting to dress him up as a Minion and cuddle him is even better!!
- Of the many things that happened last week to throw me off balance, one was L feeling poorly and ending up in our bed one night. This meant I had next to no sleep but that I got to enjoy cuddling him whilst he slept. It also meant lots of sleepy cuddles for the both of the next day.
- We had some awesome deliveries during the week. One of which is for a collaboration with Heinz that I’ll be writing about this week. It had an unexpected outcome though. L insisted on building towers with the cans and knocking them down. Sorry for the quality of the photo but I busy laughing until I cried.
- James the cat sitting on my actual lap. This may not be exciting to many people. But since having had L, James has forsaken me. Three years later and I’m still not fully forgiven, even though that cat and L are thick as thieves. But he actually curled up on my lap the other day and it was lush.
- L getting his first delivery from JCB Kids. Excitingly we are brand ambassadors for them and well I think this picture and his face says it all.
- Going out for lunch with my boy, just because. Nothing exciting, just some sandwiches in a local cafe, but the company was great and it was just really fun.
I’m really glad I write down a few positives from each day and then go back through them each week. It helps keep me focused, calm and therefore happy. It is also a great way to keep a note of the things we’ve done.
I’m linking up with #BloggerClubUK, #BestandWorst & #CoolMumClub just because I love them.