For my birthday I was given a great new book ‘Calm’ and a journal from my friends. To help me find some calm in my life and to de-stress a little. I have been writing in my journal everyday and on Wednesday’s I go through the daily highlights I’ve written down and pick out my 10 favourites.
I’m feeling strangely up beat at the moment. Strange because I haven’t for a while and strange because I’m also really busy and really rather stressed out. Long may it continue, the up beat-ness, not the stress. Here are my rather fabulous top ten moments from the last 7 days.
- L ‘helping’ me make Enchiladas when he got home from nursery. He loves helping in the kitchen and I’m happy for him to help. He took lots of bits and bobs to the bin for me. He helped me stir the sauce. He was also very keen on helping me with the grated cheese, well eating it anyway.
- A lunch time win with cauliflower cheese. L must have spent 20 minutes refusing to try it and demanding ice cream. eventually he realised I wasn’t budging so not only did he try his cauliflower cheese, but he loved it, finished it and asked for more. Win! He also decided to call it cheesey trees which I thought was very cute.
- Getting to spend an evening sorting out some fiddly behind the scenes blog bits I had been putting off. It was very satisfying and has helped to take a little bot of work off my plate as I’ve automated a few things.
- Enjoying a truly stunning sunny Autumn morning before work. Just one of those gorgeous days, the kind where everything is soft and golden in the sun and you can’t help but smile. Well at least I can’t.
- Getting excited about Christmas with L. We had a couple of catalogues through the post and L was flicking through asking what things were, like tinsel and baubles. He then started asking for a Christmas tree. I was of course up for that, but Daddy wasn’t. We shall have to wait a little while yet. It was really lovely to see him so excited though. This Christmas will be the best yet, eeek.
- Going out for an impromtu family lunch, Not only did I have an amazing Halloumi and Mushroom Burger, but L was so sweet I got all emotional and had to find back tears. He was just being adorable, Very well behaved and really funny. He also nicked all the salad off my plate, good lad.
- Having a blast at the beach, playing on the 2p machines, winning a George Pig toy on the claw machine, skimming stones and jumping in puddles. We ran and laughed and made the most of the awful weather.
- Making the most of the car trolleys at Tesco and having a really fun food shop. L got to steer and shout directions at me. He proclaimed that he loved shopping and it was his best day ever. He even got a few comments from other shoppers, which is always nice.
- Visiting a friend and having a good catch up whilst our boys played together. It was lovely seeing them play so nicely, but it was even lovelier to have a catch up and a good chat with one of my closest friends. I always feel happier after I’ve seen her.
- Stopping at a park on the way home and having a good play. I love that I still have time to be able to do things like this. L saw the park, I asked if he’d like to stop, so we did. It was a lovely little visit, even better for not being planned as it felt like more of a treat. As it was also in the middle of a large common we got to have a good walk as well and enjoy the Autumn leaves.
I’m really glad I write down a few positives from each day and then go back through them each week. It helps keep me focused, calm and therefore happy. It is also a great way to keep a note of the things we’ve done.
I’m linking up with #BloggerClubUK, #BestandWorst & #CoolMumClub just because I love them.