For my birthday I was given a great new book ‘Calm’ and a journal from my friends. To help me find some calm in my life and to de-stress a little. I have been writing in my journal everyday and on Wednesday’s I go through the daily highlights I’ve written down and pick out my 10 favourites.
It’s not often you’ll find me saying this, but currently I am on form, the best form I have had in ages! Calm, collected, ready for anything. I’m handling my new job pretty well, I’m actually, dare I say it, after all that fuss and bother, having a laugh. At home the house is tidy, I would almost go as far as saying it is clean, but I’m on top of all the chores. L is perfect, as ever. My to do lists are not only getting ticked off, but they are longer too.
I’ve got this! It may only last this week, but hey, I’m going to shout it from the rooftops this week because it’s one hell of an achievement.
So here they are, my top ten moments from the last 7 days:
- Waking up to an incredible sky and listening to L explaining all the different colours to me and why so many planes had criss-crossed the sky. If you’re wondering, it’s because they had broken down and needed to get to the garage quickly!
- Having a fun morning with L opening our latest delivery from JCB Kids, he loves opening a parcel at the best of times, when it contains diggers the excitement notches up a to a whole other level.
- Doing some adult colouring in. I love it when I get things to review for my blog, things that mean I ‘have’ to take time out to do some ‘work’. This is also known as guilt free mummy time, but ssshhhh.
- Cuddling up with cat all evening. He is such a lovable creature and I fear he gets a bit neglected at times with all the noise and craziness. It’s nice when he actually gets some time just to chill with us.
- Such a frost on Sunday I thought it had snowed! It was so pretty, all the crystals sparkling in the sun. We had a lovely walk that morning. For once didn’t get too muddy as everything was still frozen.
- A delicious hot chocolate with my boy. Well there’s been more than one this week. L really likes feeling all grown up having a hot drink with me. He has it in a grown up mug and sometimes has a biscuit to dunk as well. It has become the only quiet part of the day. Quite civilised really.
- Staying on top of everything and ticking everything plus extra’s off my to do lists, even when I was ill, even with L at home to ‘help’ and amazingly even with husb at home getting under my feet.
- Silly, crazy moments filled with laughter. That about covers it really. Just fun.
- Leaving L to his own devices for a little bit in the morning whilst I got some housework bits done and rounding the corner to find he had made himself an epic train track which spread from the living room, round the corner into the hallway and had almost got as far as the kitchen. I was so proud of this simple little moment, it’s hard to explain.
- A nice trip to a local soft play we have found which sells the most epic scones known to man. It’s all about the scones really. But L had fun too, he even made a friend for the morning.
I’m really glad I write down a few positives from each day and then go back through them each week, or in this case month. It helps keep me focused, calm and therefore happy. It is also a great way to keep a note of the things we’ve done.
I’m linking up with #BloggerClubUK, #BestandWorst & #CoolMumClub just because I love them.