For my birthday last year I was given a great book ‘Calm’ and a journal from my friends. To help me find some calm in my life and to de-stress a little. I have been writing in my journal everyday since and on Wednesday’s (or late on a Tuesday) I go through the daily highlights I’ve written down and pick out my 10 favourites.
I’m still feeling good, long may this last. I’m feeling healthier, almost fully recovered. Have found to look after myself a little better and am generally enjoying life.
Using my diary to block out time for tasks and not taking on too much is really helping. Getting three days worth of training dropped on me at short notice hasn’t helped, especially as it is sinfully boring, but still by blocking out my time I am managing.
So here they are, my top ten moments from the last 7 days:
- Getting home from work early enough to actually have a chat with my parents who had been watching L all day. Normally I completely miss them, so it was nice to just get to chat for half an hour or so.
- Having a day off with husb. We did some bits and bobs at home, including stringing up some solar fairy lights on one of our fruit trees. L just loves them and thinks it’s Christmas all the time now. We also went out for the day.
- Pizza Express lunch. Yes this was part of our day out and it was delicious!!
- Also part of our day out was going to the cinema to see Hacksaw Ridge. Parts of it made for uncomfortable viewing but it was an excellent film, I would highly recommend it. It as also lovely just to go to the cinema, it has been ages.
- As husb was away for a stag weekend L and I had a mummy and son weekend. So nice to have some real quality time with no work in the way.
- Going out to lunch with the ladies of our family and L. Whilst we were out L asked to use the toilet, which is a major breakthrough for us. Toilet training has been very difficult, it still is, but moments like this do help me to believe he’ll be out of nappies before he goes to university.
- Having a strangely nice afternoon whilst husb spent 3 hours at the walk in centre. He has had a really bad cough for a couple of weeks now and when he got back from the stag he sounded and looked awful. So with it being a Sunday I packed him into the car and forced him into the walk in centre. L and I ditched him, did some shopping, had a hot chocolate, played on some of those stupid rides that kids love so much and then just waited in the car until he was done. We didn’t want to catch anything. Turns out there is no infection and it was a complete waste of his afternoon but we had a blast.
- Spending the evening watching Gilmore Girls on Netflix and doing a puzzle. I really rock the boat out when I get the house to myself!!
- Doing some crafting with L. It’s always something we both enjoy, especially when it’s not too messy.
- Haircut day!! I love getting my hair cut. Despite L constantly telling me and our hairdresser that he ‘don’t like this game’ he always sits nicely. Plus I have known my hairdresser for ever, literally since she was 5, so we get to have a good catch up and gossip.
I’m really glad I write down a few positives from each day and then go back through them each week, or in this case month. It helps keep me focused, calm and therefore happy. It is also a great way to keep a note of the things we’ve done.
I’m linking up with #BloggerClubUK, #BestandWorst & #CoolMumClub just because I love them.