For my birthday I was given a great new book ‘Calm’ and a journal from my friends to help me find some calm in my life and to de-stress a little. I have been writing in my journal everyday and on Wednesday’s I go through the daily highlights I’ve written down and pick out my 10 favourites.
Well this last week has been far from calm, it has been busy and angry and sad. It has had me questioning whether I should carry on trying to make my Social Media Business a success or if I should just quit and get a job at Tesco, even questioning whether to carry on blogging or not.
I love my blog, with all my heart, but it takes up so much time and when time is at a premium it can be hard to justify, a blazing row with the other half didn’t help, but actually talking afterwards did.
It has also been a week of increased understanding, new opportunities, fun and giggles. It is these parts that I’m glad I’ve written down so I can gain some perspective, whilst one of my daily highlights may have been ‘getting on top the laundry’ oh the exciting life I lead, strangely that hasn’t made my top 10, but here they are:
1. Snow! Proper snow. It didn’t settle but L and I got to run round outside catching snowflakes for a bit.
2. Taking L for his 27 month check with the Health Visitors, OK he refused to get weighed or measured, but he had an ace time playing with all the new toys and it was fun to watch.
3. Seeing the family to celebrate my sister’s engagement and watching L ‘cheers’ everyone with his beaker clinking our glasses. Very cute.
4. Taking an evening off and sitting down with a glass of wine and my colouring book.
5. Being asked to make some projects for the Hobbycraft blog, I love getting the kind of work that involves me crafting!
6. Dancing with L, he loves to dance and will often bring me my phone if I’m in the kitchen so I can put music on for us to dance to.
7. Deciding to make our day trip to the E-Luminate Festival in Cambridge a weekend away.
8. Sleeping until 6.50am!! It may not sound like much, but it really is to me.
9. L moving up to the Foundation 2 Swim Class, I never thought he would move classes, ever.
10. As always, getting cuddle time in with my little boy makes the list, I don’t know when that will ever get old.
I’m gradually adding to my calm routine and really does help, I love writing my journal everyday and then looking through it after a week to pick out my favourite parts and I’m finding the meditation really helpful, especially so this week, it helps me turn off the chaos in my mind. Slowly my book has given me little tips to help me create more time for myself and calmer happier time. I now take 5 minutes before bed every evening for some stretches and next to add to my routine is a daily walk, although I’m not so sure how to make that part of my day yet, but I shall try.
Linking up with #BloggerClubUK