For my birthday last year I was given a great book ‘Calm’ and a journal from my friends. To help me find some calm in my life and to de-stress a little. I have been writing in my journal everyday since and on Wednesday’s (or late on a Tuesday) I go through the daily highlights I’ve written down and pick out my 10 favourites.
After a long weekend hen party-ing I am knackered but a bit of a break has been helpful and whilst I may be very busy now I do at least feel a bit more motivated.
I’m hoping that things will calm down a bit and I can centre myself once again and fall back into a good routine.
Here are my top ten moments from the last 7 days:
- Getting back into my reading groove and finishing a few books. I have really missed reading so to have found a way to claw back that time is amazing. I’ve already read 5 books this year. Which is equal to how many I have read in total since L was born! I may just do 52 this year, a mini challenge I have set myself.
- Arriving for the hen party and getting everything set up. It was just a relief to get to the house and find everything was as we wanted and better even, thanks to the cake and fizz we were left. When you have spent so long organising something, with two other people, it is amazing to see it come together.
- Drinking copious amounts of fizz, getting to meet some of my sister’s friends and finding my own little place amongst everyone. You’ll all know that deep down I’m quite nervous and not a fan of crowds, or strangers, or late nights. So I was quite anxious about all of that.
- Having fun on a treasure hunt around Cambridge. It was a good walk. The people who joined in enjoyed it. I also found a new play park for the next time we visit with L.
- Getting lots of L updates throughout my stay and Skyping with him so I got to hear about what he had been up to. My favourite update was form his nursery. All the children had been practising a dance where they were icicles and I got sent the video footage. This mainly consisted of him, hands in pockets, watching on (very much my kid) until the end where they were all jumping and he went crazy. So funny.
- A slightly chilly, but very pleasant punting trip. Who doesn’t love a good punt, plus there was more fizz.
- Afternoon tea, with yet more fizz. Mini sandwiches and cakes, plus fizz is always good. Even if our table wasn’t ready in time, the service was poor and we were crammed in like sardines. We still all had a good time and didn’t let it spoil our day. We did remove the tip that was cheekily added to our bill though, as if we were tipping after that!
- Getting home after the hen party! Getting home os always my favourite thing. Even after the most amazng holiday, geting home is something special. The fact I got home to an empty house and had an hour long nap on the sofa was even better. I had missed my little boy though so it was great to give him cuddles when he got in.
- A relaxed day at home. Just me and L. Watching Disney movies, cuddling and playing silly games. The cat was pretty pleased to have me back as well, he’s barely left my side.
- Getting L a new inflatable travel bed/sleeping bag. It’s been on my to do list for a while. He could do with one for the wedding as otherwise he’d be in with us all night, which equals no sleep for anyone. I also figure it will be handy for when we travel and staying at his grandparents. He spent a good chunk of the afternoon ‘camping’ on the living room floor. Very cute.
I’m really glad I write down a few positives from each day and then go back through them each week, or in this case month. It helps keep me focused, calm and therefore happy. It is also a great way to keep a note of the things we’ve done.
I’m linking up with #BloggerClubUK, #BestandWorst & #CoolMumClub just because I love them.