For my birthday last year I was given a great book ‘Calm’ and a journal from my friends. To help me find some calm in my life and to de-stress a little. I have been writing in my journal everyday since and on Wednesday’s (or late on a Tuesday) I go through the daily highlights I’ve written down and pick out my 10 favourites.
This week has been a bit of a mixed bag. I’m still utterly exhausted but I seem to be getting into a bit of a rhythm and dare I say it, things are weirdly easier with husb’s longer hours. I can just get on with things without interruption, well I have constant toddler interruption but you know what I mean. I’m starting to feel like I can get a half decent routine sorted for us.
Here are my top ten moments from the last 7 days:
- I’m not sure this is a highlight in the conventional sense. As really I wish it had never happened. That being said it is certainly not something I am going to forget, ever. L got his head stuck in his toilet seat. He had trotted off to use the bathroom, he likes a bit of privacy, fair enough. Then there was giggling, lots of giggling. I just assumed he’d pulled all the toilet paper off the roll, again. No, oh no. He had put his toilet seat on his head and pulled it down around his neck, which he thought was hilarious. Thankfully I was able to cut it off and there was no harm done. Just when you think you’ve got this parenting thing sorted.
- Going out to lunch with my Dad and L. We went back to the Station Bistro I had visited last week so L could watch more trains. Then we had a nice little stroll in the sun. It was just a very pleasant afternoon.
- Having an actual day at home just to blog. I wasn’t on the rota for work, L was at nursery, so I just blogged. All. Day. Long. It was bliss.
- Having a movie night with husb and watching Inferno. I really enjoyed it and it was nice for us both just to have a night off to relax a bit.
- Taking L to the cinema for the first time ever. We went to see Trolls and despite a rocky start, he had nearly fallen asleep in the car, he was brilliantly behaved and sat through the whole film. Of course he asked a few questions, squirmed a bit and swapped onto our laps but because we went to a kids showing there was plenty of that and we didn’t feel bad at all. Most importantly though he loved it and his little face was just beaming.
- Discovering Minion Tic Tacs. They are yellow and banana flavoured, with Minion faces on them in a Minion tub. What’s not to love.
- Taking L out for a nice family walk around our local town. Well he scooted but we walked. It was raining and dull but great to get outside and do something.
- Baking Paw Patrol cakes with L. Just a silly little activity with one of those boxes of cake mix but we had fun.
- Being offered a really epic product review with a brand I never thought I would get to work with. I am so excited. I won’t reveal anything until the product is in my hands though. That will be the only point I believe this is actually real.
- L has had a really good day toilet training wise. It seems like we have been battling this for ages. He is happy in nappies but I am so very over them. He can use the toilet, he just chooses not to. I don’t want to tempt fate but it does seem like we are getting somewhere now.
I’m really glad I write down a few positives from each day and then go back through them each week, or in this case month. It helps keep me focused, calm and therefore happy. It is also a great way to keep a note of the things we’ve done.
I’m linking up with #BloggerClubUK, #BestandWorst & #CoolMumClub just because I love them.