For my birthday last year I was given a great book ‘Calm’ and a journal from my friends. To help me find some calm in my life and to de-stress a little. I have been writing in my journal everyday since and on Wednesday’s (or late on a Tuesday) I go through the daily highlights I’ve written down and pick out my 10 favourites.
I’m back on top of things this week. I’ve got this. I’m making housework look easy, I’m on top of my blogging schedule, even getting my hours in at work and generally just rocking it at the moment.
I completely do not expect this to last but I’m going to soak up the good feelings whilst I can.
Here are my top ten moments from the last 7 days:
- Getting a phone call at work to say L had stayed dry all day at nursery. What a change a week makes! Last week he was stuck in his toilet seat and I was determined it was three year old’s passive aggressive way of saying he’d be in nappies for the rest of his life. This week they are only being worn at night time and he is doing amazingly well.
- L realising I felt dreadfully ill (more sinus issues, thankfully short lived) and giving me lots of extra cuddles and kisses whilst I failed at parenting and he won at being cute.
- My boss sending me home early from work as I looked so ill. I looked awful because I felt awful. Getting just over an hour to myself to actually be ill was great, I had a nap and just looked after myself for a bit.
- Despite all the set backs for the week I managed to keep on top of all of my to do lists and that just always makes me feel calm and happy.
- Taking L into Norwich on the bus and popping into The Entertainer Toy Shop so he could pick a gift for being great on the toilet all week. He was great on the bus, held my hand nicely throughout our trip and I just had a blast hanging out with him.
- Having a nice family walk Saturday afternoon. It wasn’t anything special but it was nice to all be together and the sun was shining,
- Going out for lunch with some family friends and having a nice catch up, great food and just enjoying each other’s company. It was a lovely way to spend the day.
- Making the most of L spending the night at his grandparents and going to the pub for a quick drink. Was nice to do something grown up for once.
- Taking L to the zoo to meet his friend from nursery. His first official friend trip. We had a lovely time and I think I might even be making a new mum friend, we got on very well and seem to have more than just children in common.
- Enjoying the thoroughly Spring like weather and going for a little late afternoon walk around the estate. L scooted and me and the cat followed along. It seems like ages since we have done this, but hopefully is a sign of what is to come.
I’m really glad I write down a few positives from each day and then go back through them each week, or in this case month. It helps keep me focused, calm and therefore happy. It is also a great way to keep a note of the things we’ve done.
I’m linking up with #BloggerClubUK, #BestandWorst & #CoolMumClub just because I love them.