For my birthday last year I was given a great book ‘Calm’ and a journal from my friends. To help me find some calm in my life and to de-stress a little. I have been writing in my journal everyday since and on Wednesday’s (or late on a Tuesday) I go through the daily highlights I’ve written down and pick out my 10 favourites.
This has been the busiest week ever. To be honest I’m glad to see the back of it. Poor L didn’t stop all last week and so this week he is a horror. Husb and I are tired and bickering. Time for some normality to return I think.
Here are my top ten moments from the last 7 days:
- Enjoying a very cuddly son. He has been tired all week and that has meant extra cuddles for me. We’ll gloss over the extra tantrums and just focus on all the extra cuddles 🙂
- Helping out a family member I hadn’t seen in a really long time and catching up as if it were only yesterday we last saw each other. It was just really nice and I’m glad it happened.
- Going to London to visit the Bloom & Wilde pop up shop. It was really fun to just spend the morning trotting round London by myself. A little bit of me time.
- Seeing L all dressed up in his little suit and bow tie. Just the most handsome chap ever. So handsome in fact that is how he now introduces himself. ‘I am L handsome boy’.
- Watching my little sister get married. Enough said really. We’ve been building up to the wedding for so long it was lovely to watch it all come together, have a few drinks and celebrate.
- Getting home after the wedding. It was a lovely ceremony and day. I’m really pleased we had a room for the night but it’s always good to be home. Grabbing an afternoon nap with L was also very welcome.
- Getting my discount card from work. I can’t believe it’s been 6 months since I returned to the workplace. That makes me a little sad. Discount however makes me very happy.
- L asking to craft with me and sitting down and really enjoying and properly taking part. Rather than just watching me complete things for him. It was lovely and one of those moments I had pictured when I was pregnant.
- The ice cream van coming round our estate on a day it wasn’t raining and L was actually home! So we treated ourselves to a small tub each. I may have started something with this, but considering this is only the third time I have seen the ice cream van since we moved in about five years ago I’m pretty certain I’ll be OK.
- Going for a lovely walk round with L, just me and him. I popped the scooter in the car and popped to town to do some chores and then have a lovely walk. It was perfect. So relaxing and so much fun.
I’m really glad I write down a few positives from each day and then go back through them each week, or in this case month. It helps keep me focused, calm and therefore happy. It is also a great way to keep a note of the things we’ve done.
I’m linking up with #BloggerClubUK, #BestandWorst & #CoolMumClub just because I love them.