For my birthday last year I was given a great book ‘Calm’ and a journal from my friends. To help me find some calm in my life and to de-stress a little. I have been writing in my journal everyday since and on Wednesday’s (or late on a Tuesday) I go through the daily highlights I’ve written down and pick out my 10 favourites.
It hs been one busy week! Husb has been busy, I have been busy, even little L has been busy. Having the Bank Holiday was a nice treat though.
Whilst we have been doing some lovely things I am hoping this week and next are a bit calmer.
So without further ado here are my top ten moments from the last 7 days:
- Snow. Not much admittedly, but still there was actual snow falling from the sky. Very exciting for myself and L.
- I popped to see my grandparents. L loves playing with his great grandparents and he is so lucky to have them. Luckier still that they are well enough to chase round after him and spoil him rotten. I just love being able to sit back and watch them.
- Absolutely rocking a day at work. Due to issues best not spoken about I was on my own for the day. Not only did I smash my sales target for the week but I also blitzed the entire target for the day which was based on having two of us in. Not bad at all.
- Heading to the new Hochanda studios for a fun behind the scenes tour. I got to go onto the live set and watch them filming. Then I got to try my hand at being a presenter. I was awful and have never been more glad in my life to sign an NDA! So sadly I cannot share my humiliation with you all, legally.
- Enjoying a masterclass crafting session with Leonie, one of the presenters. There’s not much better than getting to craft, not in my books anyway. I will be writing a bit more about my day this week, so keep your eyes peeled.
- Getting home from work to find a delivery from Metcalfe’s Skinny Popcorn. A lovely box full of their new flavour, Salted Caramel. which launches this month. I have no idea how they got my address. The delivery was completely unexpected. A really lovely, and incredibly tasty, surprise. I recommend them. Nom Nom.
- Having a picnic lunch with L. How else would we enjoy an overcast and rather chilly day? he was really happy though and it takes no effort so it’s fine by me.
- Going to New Buckenham Castle. It’s been on our to do list for a while. In a neighbouring village you just grab the keys form the local shop and then you get the place to yourself. We had a great time and I’ll definitely go back. Not big, but perfect for a visit with L.
- Making the most of our English Heritage membership we headed to Framlingham Castle on Bank Holiday Monday. The weather was hit and miss but that wasn’t going to stop us. We had visited last summer so knew how good it was and we weren’t disappointed this visit. L made us go round the battlements twice.
- My parents also came to Framlingham Castle with us. L normally sees them every other week or so but they had been on holiday, lucky things. I don’t think I had realised just how much he had missed them. When we stopped for lunch he sandwiched himself in the middle of them and alternated cuddles and cuteness. ‘I love you Nanny’. ‘You’re my best friend Grandad’. ‘I squish you now Nanny’. My personal favourite was when Dad passed him a chip and he just looked up and said ‘You’re my hero Grandad’. It was so adorable.
I’m really glad I write down a few positives from each day and then go back through them each week, or in this case month. It helps keep me focused, calm and therefore happy. It is also a great way to keep a note of the things we’ve done.
I’m linking up with #BloggerClubUK, #BestandWorst & #CoolMumClub just because I love them.