For my birthday last year I received a great book ‘Calm’ and a journal from my friends. To help me find some calm in my life and to de-stress a little. I have been writing in my journal everyday since and on Wednesday’s (or late on a Tuesday) I go through the daily highlights I’ve written down and pick out my 10 favourites.
It’s sunny, it’s hot. I’m on holiday next week. Life is good. But blimey being on holiday next week means I’m beyond busy this week. I’m almost prepared, almost. I mean nothing is packed nor planned. But how long does that take?!
But here are my top ten moments from the last 7 days:
- Oh my word, the weather. For us it has either been fabulous or dreadful. We’ve gone from rain to hot. I am loving the current weather though. Everything seems so much better when the sun is shining. It really does affect my mood. I’m happier and way more calm.
- Actually buying a copy of Simply Cards and Papercraft and seeing me in it! A very exciting moment.
- Having a training day with work. I get paid a full day even if it takes less time. I also get mileage and don’t have to serve customers. Win, win!
- Having a free day to write my little heart out. For the first time in ages I had a day at home while L was at nursery. I blogged and caught up on housework. I also realised how much I missed getting to do that regularly. It was so nice.
- Taking apart our old bed with L. He got all his tools out. Helping to saw and drill and organise. He loved it and I got way more done than I was expecting, even cleaning the room and making a start on getting the new bed built. Way less stressful than I was expecting. It was all very calm and rather enjoyable actually.
- Getting out in the garden and enjoying the sun whilst L made the most of the rain from the previous day getting good and muddy. It was lush.
- Having a lovely day at Dinosaur Adventure Park with L and some of our oldest friends. We hadn’t been for a while and L had a great time. He thoroughly enjoyed our day out. Even playing in the water park at the end. A perfect day.
- We had a day of deliveries and L was on form. Calling to the postman through the window to hurry up. Chatting to the Tesco delivery driver and asking him for more food as mummy hadn’t ordered enough. Strong man poses were a treat for our FedEx driver. The nice DPD driver even let L sign for his parcel, so he felt super grown up. All that and he got some ace toys to review. I don’t think he could have had a better day!
- I have been making sure I spent some special time with L everyday. Just to see if it helps him with nursery at all. He has been struggling so badly and I think it’s because he feels abandoned. So every day now we do something, just the two of us, that he chooses. We’ve made a reward jar, coloured in, but mainly we just dance. Dancing is the best.
- Being woken at the crack of dawn by a small child in our bed. OK that wasn’t great and the news of Manchester was even worse. I have been crying on off about it. I just don’t understand. Somehow L just being there, early as it was, was a great help. His joy is innocent and so infectious.
I’m really glad I write down a few positives from each day and then go back through them each week, or in this case month. It helps keep me focused, calm and therefore happy. It is also a great way to keep a note of the things we’ve done.
I’m linking up with #BloggerClubUK, #BestandWorst & #CoolMumClub just because I love them.