For my birthday last year I was given a great book ‘Calm’ and a journal from my friends. To help me find some calm in my life and to de-stress a little. I have been writing in my journal everyday since and on Wednesday’s (or late on a Tuesday) I go through the daily highlights I’ve written down and pick out my 10 favourites.
Woop woop. We’re on holiday! Enjoying the beautiful County Durham with Verdant Leisure. It’s been busy and stressful leading up to this holiday. But we are here now and have plenty more time to enjoy.
So here are my top ten moments from the last 7 days:
- Getting woken up at the crack of dawn by L who was just ready to play. OK the wake up call wasn’t exactly my favourite but seeing him in such a good mood was lovely and his happiness was infectious.
- Snuggly, sleepy cuddles with my best boy. After an early wake up call, it was the best way for us to spend the afternoon. Especially when he moved over to my lap and was all warm and cosy so I fell asleep too!
- L has been struggling with nursery so much recently. But when I dropped him off one morning he asked if I could take his little giraffe to work. So I did. I also took photos of him all day which made L laugh so much that evening. Giraffe in the stock room, typing, driving.
- Getting to spend the day at home by myself and catching up on a few bots and bobs. I blogged, cleaned, tidied and even got to relax in the garden for a bit. Lovely.
- Spending a sunny morning watching the boys hit a few balls at the driving range. Then getting caught in a fantastic thunder storm. By the time I got to work that afternoon it was so hot the boys were back out in the garden playing with the hose!
- Getting to go on another #RailAdventure with Greater Anglia. L loves a train journey. it makes for a really fun way to travel. The we got to explore The Museum of East Anglian Life. He joined in, dressed up and walked a million miles. All whilst having an upset tummy, that quite frankly would have been a worry, if he hadn’t been so happy.
- L handling the drive from Norfolk to County Durham like a rockstar. With stops we were on the road for 6 hours and there barely a complaint from him. He told us whenever he needed the toilet. Kept up a constant demand for snacks. Slept and played. So perfect.
- Arriving at our beautiful Verdant Leisure Lodge to find they had left us all some presents. L had a new cuddly toy. I got The most stunning bouquet of flowers, a bottle of wine and a delicious hamper of food. Plus, importantly to a blogger, there was a WiFi pass!
- Going to Diggerland. L had been excited about this trip for weeks and when the day finally arrived he couldn’t contain himself. He went on loads of the rides and even did some by himself. Which for my shy little boy is practically unheard of.
- L choosing to go on rides with me at Diggerland. Usually days out like this are all about his daddy but this time it was all about me. We actually got a fairly 50/50 split. Turned out to be a great family day.
I’m really glad I write down a few positives from each day and then go back through them each week, or in this case month. It helps keep me focused, calm and therefore happy. It is also a great way to keep a note of the things we’ve done.
I’m linking up with #BloggerClubUK, #BestandWorst & #CoolMumClub just because I love them.