For my birthday last year I was given a great book ‘Calm’ and a journal from my friends. To help me find some calm in my life and to de-stress a little. I have been writing in my journal everyday since and on Wednesday’s (or late on a Tuesday) I go through the daily highlights I’ve written down and pick out my 10 favourites.
This week seems to have been a catch up week. It doesn’t seem to matter what I do it’s not enough. I’ve also been feeling a bit stressed out and a bit put upon recently. I need to get firmer with people and say no. People won’t value me or my time unless I do.
So here are my top ten moments from the last 7 days:
- Wednesday morning saw a fabulous nursery drop off. They have been so bad recently it sent me into work in a great mood. We have promptly reverted back to terrible drop offs, but I am focusing on the positives!
- I had a fabulous day on Thursday with Bridgestone, checking out the amazing run flat Driveguard Tyres.It was a really fun event and very informative too. I’ll be writing all about it tonight if I can get my thoughts in order!
- Getting to catch up with people I hadn’t seen since I went to Rome with Bridgestone a couple of years ago and meeting some fab bloggers as well. It was lovely to be waiting for the event to start and seeing Sally from Raring to Go walk round the corner, so good to catch up.
- L rocking the Bridgestone gear on Friday morning was funny. The sight of my toddler with a giant travel coffee mug and adult cap really made me smile!
- Treating L to a Costa after work. I grabbed one after work to take to him when I picked him up from nursery. It was not all to ease my mummy guilt of leaving him in floods of tears that morning, no not at all. It was lovely to share a little treat with him though.
- Having a very productive Saturday morning. I got loads of jobs done before I headed out for a Spa day with the ladies of my family. Having to go straight to work afterwards it took a weight off my shoulders getting a few bits done before I left the house.
- I was working Sunday this week as well, so it was amazing to come home to find the little man at the door with a bunch of flowers for me. He had been coached to hand them over and tell me he loved me. Instead he wished me happy birthday which was so funny it was actually even better.
- As I’d been out of the house on Sunday poor old husb had made the most of his time organising a surprise for me for our Wedding Anniversary. What he failed to realise was that our son cannot keep a secret. After he gave me my flowers and wished me happy birthday he promptly told me I would be flying owls. Obviously I’m sad husb’s surprise was ruined but I am very, very excited to get to fly an owl in a few weeks time!
- After such a busy week it was lovely to spend Monday just chilling out with L. We didn’t do anything exciting. A bit of housework. Planted some seeds in the garden. I worked for a bit whilst he played. We played together, I am now Mummy Donkey and have to transform at his whim and let him ride me around the house! It was nice just to have some nice calm, normal time.
- The weather yesterday (Tuesday) took a turn for the worst. But it meant L got to experience his first proper thunderstorm. So far they have either been when he was a little baby, so don’t count. Or whilst he has been asleep. The first rumble of thunder really made him jump, it was loud though, but after I explained everything we started watching out for lightening and he was really excited about it all. I love a good storm so it was lovely to share it with him.
I’m really glad I write down a few positives from each day and then go back through them each week. It helps keep me focused, calm and therefore happy. It is also a great way to keep a note of the things we’ve done.
I’m linking up with #BloggerClubUK, #BestandWorst & #CoolMumClub just because I love them.