For my birthday last year I was given a great book ‘Calm’ and a journal from my friends. To help me find some calm in my life and to de-stress a little. I have been writing in my journal everyday since and on Wednesday’s (or late on a Tuesday) I go through the daily highlights I’ve written down and pick out my 10 favourites.
This has been a busy, busy week. It shows no sign of stopping. But for all the stress and organisational hell there have been a lot of really great moments.
So here are my top ten moments from the last 7 days:
- We are still rocking the Nursery drop off’s. A corner has been turned and I feel like the weight of the world has been lifted from my shoulders. I honestly don’t know how much more I could have coped with.
- Heading back to London for a day of Christmas in July show’s, it was so hot I felt like I was melting but I have got some fab Christmas inspiration and getting to go out to lunch by myself and walk round my most favourite city was a treat.
- Another day and another round of Christmas shows, this time taking one of my besties to keep me company and give me a different perspective. TGI’s for lunch. Lots of gossip. A bit of fizz. Plus a whole heap of Christmas is a fun day.
- Seeing a Spitfire, as in the plane, being towed past us as we were stuck in a traffic jam. Not often you get to see one so close and certainly a way to make traffic more entertaining.
- Making my colleague’s day by giving him some Star Wars baubles. It’s nice to make other people happy.
- Husb and L heading off for some Daddy and Son time giving me a couple of hours to catch up on work at home before heading off to the other job an hour early. Very productive.
- A family trip to the cinema to watch Despicable Me 3. Very funny and it is lovely now that L is of an age to sit through an entire film. It was nice to have some family time in what seemed like the busiest of weeks.
- Hanging our new curtains! I won £100 from BritMums for my #PrezzoLaFamiglia post, which was very exciting. Like the sensible person I am I invested in new blackout curtains for our bedroom and L’s (I also got a cheese baking dish, but that’s another story). They are now hung. Look fab. Mainly though my room is dark. Actually dark. Hurrah.
- L has had a couple of unsettled nights and ended up crawling into bed with us in the early hours. For once though he has settled. Not without kicking us in the head a few times, whirling round like something gone wrong and taking all the space. But… he has settled eventually and for me, it is just the sweetest thing waking up to my calm and peaceful baby boy next to me.
- Going for a lovely walk to the park in between rain storms. We managed to dash out of the house before the cat followed us! L scooted and I walked. We had a nice little chat and I felt slightly better about the TV filled morning.
I’m really glad I write down a few positives from each day and then go back through them each week, or in this case month. It helps keep me focused, calm and therefore happy. It is also a great way to keep a note of the things we’ve done.
I’m linking up with #BloggerClubUK, #BestandWorst & #CoolMumClub just because I love them.