For my birthday last year I was given a great book ‘Calm’ and a journal from my friends. To help me find some calm in my life and to de-stress a little. I have been writing in my journal everyday since and on Wednesday’s (or late on a Tuesday) I go through the daily highlights I’ve written down and pick out my 10 favourites.
It’s been a funny old week. On one hand I’ve been really busy but on the other I can’t think of anything specific I’ve actually done!
So here are my top ten moments from the last 7 days:
- Getting a new journal! Woop. Strangely enough writing a journal everyday means I go through a lot of them. I like to keep one page per day, even if I don’t fill it. I like the paper to be great quality and feel amazing. I like the covers to be pretty, to inspire me to write. My latest journal is a Paperblanks Flexis which I was sent to review and I love it. I can open it flat, it looks gorgeous, the paper is stunning, there is a storage pouch at the back (perfect for the flowers I like to press as I journal) and a nice satin page marker. The best bit is the whole book is beautiful as even the edges are printed, which I just love. Oh I do love a good bit of stationery. The Paperblanks Flexis are available from September from shop.paperblanks.com
- L loves Cars so I had downloaded some of the songs for us to listen to in the car. We drove to nusery having a good sing-a-long but when I stopped L was crying his little eyes out. One of the songs, Our Town, was just too sad for him! We had a few minutes to spare so he sat on my lap ‘driving’ the car and we popped one of the happier songs on and all was fixed. It was so cute.
- Discovering the best vegetarian pizza ever in Tesco. One of the really large fresh pizzas, it’s covered in veg, so many and it’s slightly spicy. Oh my word it was so good. I nearly ate it all but it really was huge. The rest made for a nice lunch the next day. It’s been all I can do to not add it to this week’s online shop.
- Spending a nice morning with L at the playground. He had the whole place to himself as we’d managed to get up and about surprisingly early so he had a real blast.
- Making new friends. I have a very small social circle but I have recently been expanding it. Ever so slowly and tentatively. It is good for me to actually get out and see people and it not all be about having children! So my friend and I have both got new craft equipment and we are going to spend the afternoon playing with it. Woop!
- Spending a really chilled morning with L just cuddling and watching TV. We’d both had a rough night on the sleep front so it was nice to just curl up together and get some rest and cuddles.
- Going to Eaton Park on Sunday afternoon and finding a live blues band playing and having a little ride round on the train. We had a really long walked and L had so much fun getting to run around and scoot and just be with us. It was literally the only point of the week we got to spend as a family.
- Finishing off our day with a family meal out. Our local Hungry Horse is doing an offer at the moment where you can get 2 adult melas, 2 kids meals and the biggest ice cream you’ve ever seen for £14.99. So after the park we popped in and had a lovely time and for not much money. L loves the playground there and husb was impressed that the booths had TV’s in them so he could watch the football. It was really fun.
- L sleeping in his own bed all night and not waking up until just gone 6.30am. I slept until gone 6am which is a miracle too. He has been a bit clingy recently and ended up in our bed a few nights, which I love, there is nothing better than waking up to his little face. But and it’s a big but, it means us adults get an awful nights sleep!
- A nice walk with L. Not far. Just the two of us walking and chatting about everything.
I’m really glad I write down a few positives from each day and then go back through them each week, or in this case month. It helps keep me focused, calm and therefore happy. It is also a great way to keep a note of the things we’ve done.
I’m linking up with #BloggerClubUK, #BestandWorst & #CoolMumClub just because I love them.
Disclosure – I was sent my Paperblanks Flexis in return for my honest opinion