For my birthday last year I was given a great book ‘Calm’ and a journal from my friends. To help me find some calm in my life and to de-stress a little. I have been writing in my journal everyday since and on Wednesday’s (or late on a Tuesday) I go through the daily highlights I’ve written down and pick out my 10 favourites.
Wow it’s been busy. These last 7 days have seen the tail end of our family week off. L has started an extra day at nursery. I just haven’t stopped.
So here are my top ten moments from the last 7 days:
- Wednesday husb and I just had a quiet one. L was at nursery and the cat was at the vets being investigated further, poor thing. So we hung out at home catching up on a few bits but did go out for a pub lunch which was lovely.
- We took L off to soft play on Thursday and had a nice lunch at the garden centre. After a horrific morning it turned into a really nice day.
- Friday I went owl flying. You may remember I went a month or so ago but as we didn’t have a great experience that time we got to go back and try again. It was epic. I got loads of flying time and I even got to cuddle a baby owl. AMAZING.
- Husb and I headed of to Feltwell Hall after the owl experience. We had never visited before and it is amazing. L would have loved it but it was nice for us just to have some time together to look round a lovely house and explore the grounds. Beautiful.
- Booking L his first proper birthday party. He’s obviously had parties before but they’ve just been for family. This year he has made some great friends and been invited to parties, so it seemed the right time for him to have one. It seems like a big step.
- Exploring Norwich Aviation Museum. Husb and L had been before but I hadn’t so L took great delight in showing me round. We had a lovely time and as the museum is right next to Norwich Airport we also got to spend some time just watching the planes take off and land.
- An impromptu trip to the coast really rounded our day off. We arrived at Sheringham whilst there were a couple of steam engines in the station so got to watch them for a bit. Then enjoyed chips on the beach. Ending the trip by winning some Lego on the 2p machines. It couldn’t have been nicer.
- On Sunday we went to my sister’s house for a barbecue and had a lovely time catching up. L loves his Aunt and Uncle and was running them around non-stop which was lovely for husb and I as we got to watch!
- L took his first Monday at nursery in his stride. Didn’t even seem to notice it was an extra day. He was happy to be there and shoved me out the door. When I picked him up we went to the park to meet one of his friends and they had a great time with each other. It was nice for me to meet another mum and get to know her a bit too. A day I had been so worried and so tearful about turned out to be great.
- Taking my little man to the cinema, just the two of us. It’s lovely we can do that now and I think we’ll start going more often. A great way to spend a rainy afternoon. He was so sweet too, sharing his popcorn with me and giving me little cuddles. He did not like the film though, which was a shame, but you can’t win them all.
I’m really glad I write down a few positives from each day and then go back through them each week, or in this case month. It helps keep me focused, calm and therefore happy. It is also a great way to keep a note of the things we’ve done.
I’m linking up with #BloggerClubUK, #BestandWorst & #CoolMumClub just because I love them.
Disclosure – I was sent my Paperblanks Flexis in return for my honest opinion
2 thoughts on “Feeling Calm #78”
Oh my, you’ve done some wonderful things!! When I hear another blogger needs to de-stress I want to say ‘I’m with you sister’. Everyone seems so busy these days, don’t you think? At least sometimes we are busy making memories x
Maria | passion fruit, paws and peonies recently posted…Hofburg Quarter | Sightseeing Imperial Vienna
It is nice to be busy making memories but sometimes it would be nice to sleep too!! I’m certainly way too busy for my own good and I know I’mnot alone in that. 🙂