For my birthday last year I was given a great book ‘Calm’ and a journal from my friends. To help me find some calm in my life and to de-stress a little. I have been writing in my journal everyday since and on Wednesday’s (or late on a Tuesday) I go through the daily highlights I’ve written down and pick out my 10 favourites.
A big chunk of the last 7 days has been blighted by the worst sinus infection. Headaches. Nausea. No sleep. It’s been delightful! I’ve still had to parent and work, though I let a few blog things slide to give myself a break. As honestly, when given the option to sleep or write, I was always going to choose sleep.
So here are my top ten moments from the last 7 days:
- We are completely back on track with Nursery drop offs. That makes such a huge difference to my day. Especially when it’s my first day back at work after over a week off. I’ll take being shoved out of the door by a cheeky 3 year old over tears and clinging any day of the week.
- Having a good catch up with my friend after we’d both had holidays. It’s amazing how much we can get up to in a short space of time.
- Sending L off with his grandparents. Grabbing my frozen eye mask. Taking all the painkillers. Curling up and treating myself to a couple of hours of actually feeling ill. It was genuinely nice to be able to wallow in it for a bit and not just ignore the pain and look after everyone else.
- Having a meeting with nursery about L’s toileting. I was dreading the meeting. I mean, how embarrassing. But I actual feel like we’ve taken some positive steps and that maybe, just maybe, he’ll get it. He’s proving me wrong so far but at least after the meeting I know he is not the only one and I am not a complete failure as a parent.
- Taking L to the library and watching him get excited about picking out his books. It doesn’t matter how many times we do it, it always makes me smile. Plus the library, literally any library, is one of my happy places. They are always warm, smell of books and are nice and peaceful.
- Going for a walk in the woods and making dens with L. He loves a bit of den building and will drag the largest branches around to make the best hideout. Or add to one that has already been started.
- Watching L dive into the largest delivery of Zomlings. We were sent loads for a Twitter part that took place yesterday and he loved them. I can see a new obsession starting.
- Playing Pirate themed Crazy Golf at a nearby golf club and driving range. It was such a laugh and they had gone to so much effort with the course, even having a boat to ‘sail’ from one hole to the next. Epic. We all had such a laugh. We even stopped for cake and drink afterwards. Husb was happy because L then wanted to play real golf with him and grow up to be a golfing man just like his daddy. I was happy as the cafe had phone charging points and free WiFi. Looks like we’ve found a new place we can all go.
- Secretly opening up some Christmas biscuits and enjoying them all by myself. Woops. The secrecy made them taste even better.
- Having a nice little walk around town with L running errands and chattering. He was so well behaved we stopped for lunch too. I love little days like that. Productive and nice.
I’m really glad I write down a few positives from each day and then go back through them each week, or in this case month. It helps keep me focused, calm and therefore happy. It is also a great way to keep a note of the things we’ve done.
I’m linking up with #BloggerClubUK, #BestandWorst & #CoolMumClub just because I love them.
Disclosure – I was sent my Paperblanks Flexis in return for my honest opinion