For my birthday last year I was given a great book ‘Calm’ and a journal from my friends. To help me find some calm in my life and to de-stress a little. I have been writing in my journal everyday since and on Wednesday’s (or late on a Tuesday) I go through the daily highlights I’ve written down and pick out my 10 favourites.
This week I went to The Handmade Fair which was fun. It’s been pretty busy but I’ll be honest I’m struggling a little bit at the moment. So here are my top ten moments from the last 7 days:
- Buying Christmas Chocolates. They’re really cheap at the moment and I flipping love a tub of Quality Street or Cadbury Heroes. They taste loads better from a Christmas tub. Well they probably don’t, but it’s more fun.
- Enjoying a quick walk round town with L. Not far but he was helpful, polite and chatty. It was just lovely.
- L having a completely accident free day. It’s a pretty big deal at the moment.
- Our first Gelli Baff experience. It’s weird stuff but L loved it. Cleaning the bath afterwards was easy too. However the less we say about cleaning the Gelli that had escaped the bath the better. It was on the ceiling! *Sobs*
- Fitting in some crafting. I really want to get this project finished so I can write about it but finding the time has been tough.
- Having a Chinese Takeaway for dinner. We were supposed to be heading to the outdoor cinema night at Blickling but it had been cancelled due to weather warnings in the area, which came to nothing in the end. It was really nice to have the evening to ourselves and enjoy a takeaway though.
- Decorating a cupcake at The Handmade Fair. I’d never tried anything like this before and being part of a Grand Make audience of 300 all doing the same was really fun.
- Seeing the flocks of wild parakeets flying round Hampton Court Palace and our Hotel. I get they are an irritation for the locals but it was a novelty for me. Couldn’t get a picture of the speedy little things though.
- Making a Wire Work Star at one of the Fair Masterclasses. I really enjoyed it and I think it was pretty good.
- Getting home! I’d missed L so much it was great to be home.
I’m really glad I write down a few positives from each day and then go back through them each week, or in this case month. It helps keep me focused, calm and therefore happy. It is also a great way to keep a note of the things we’ve done. I’m linking up with #BloggerClubUK, #BestandWorst & #CoolMumClub just because I love them.