For my birthday last year I was given a great book ‘Calm’ and a journal from my friends. To help me find some calm in my life and to de-stress a little. I have been writing in my journal everyday since and on Wednesday’s (or late on a Tuesday) I go through the daily highlights I’ve written down and pick out my 10 favourites.
Oh it has been busy. We were away for the weekend to celebrate my mum’s 60th. I’ve had a sudden influx of blog work and then there is the boy’s birthday fast approaching. I feel like I’m spinning!
So here are my top ten moments from the last 7 days:
- Treating myself to a couple of new jumpers when I left work. I rarely ever spend money on myself, especially on clothes, so that was a treat. I also love a good chunky knit for winter that I can snuggle up in.
- L being a proper little superstar and letting me get through a whole heap of work whilst he played happily. Little angel. It took a great weight off my mind and I don’t think it was too dreadful for him. He even helped me at one point, typing the letters one by one.
- Seeing our architect and actually getting measurements done. An extension is a long way off but I least feel we’ve made some positive steps now. Maybe this time next year we’ll have a house that’s actually large enough for us. That would be nice.
- Taking L out for the evening. Husb had a work thing to go to which we dropped him off at, so L was already up past bedtime. As he had been accident free all day he had asked for a McDonald’s as his treat. So why not. We dropped husb off hen went for our own evening out. It was lovely, he was very well behaved and even went to bed nicely when we got home, we just had to sit outside to look at the stars for a bit which I didn’t mind at all.
- L having a brilliant and accident free day at nursery. A day he got to celebrate with everyone as we took him straight to the party. He was also very excited that his great nanny and great mond got to pick him up. He showed nan around the nursery and introduced her to everyone. Lots of pleased people that day.
- A very early start, meant a very productive morning. Sharing a house with a lot of people didn’t make for an easy night sleep. I finally gave up at 4.45am when my grandparents woke up and being somewhat hard of hearing started chatting very loudly in the next room. But this all meant I got enough work done I didn’t have to worry for the rest of the weekend.
- Spending a day out on the broads in a picnic boat. I love being out on the water and L thinks it’s amazing too. He was very happy with such a captive audience. We had a lovely picnic lunch, saw the sights and stopped at St Benet’s Abbey which is one of my favourite places.
- Playing table tennis with husb. There’s very few sports in which I can hold my own against him. Turns out table tennis is one of them. We enjoyed the games room at the holiday cottage a lot. But table tennis was a real giggle.
- Just watchin L play with everyone. As the only child amongst ten adults he had his pick. It was nice for husb and I as we got to have a bit of down time and it was nice for him, having fresh, less broken people to play with. Watching him trying to learn clicking (knitting) with his great nanny. Playing policemen with his uncle. Being cheeky with his grandad. It was lovely.
- Getting home. There were a lot of people all under one roof and I find that quite draining. Constant small talk and the need to smile. It doesn’t help with feeling calm. Especially as recently has been quite tough for me. So it was good to get home, to my own bed and spend some one on one time with my little boy. It seemed I had hardly seen him all weekend.
I’m really glad I write down a few positives from each day and then go back through them each week, or in this case month. It helps keep me focused, calm and therefore happy. It is also a great way to keep a note of the things we’ve done.
I’m linking up with #BloggerClubUK, #BestandWorst & #CoolMumClub just because I love them.