For my birthday last year I was given a great book ‘Calm’ and a journal from my friends. To help me find some calm in my life and to de-stress a little. I have been writing in my journal everyday since and on Wednesday’s (or late on a Tuesday) I go through the daily highlights I’ve written down and pick out my 10 favourites.
My baby boy is four years old and we had the best weekend celebrating at Chessington World of Adventures. Everything seemed so busy and stressful up to that point and we’ve been super busy since returning but our weekend was a little bubble of fun in between.
So here are my top ten moments from the last 7 days:
- Going to a blogger event in Norwich for McDonald’s. For starters it was so nice not to be heading to London for event. Mainly though it was great to meet up with some other local bloggers and to meet the team at McDonald’s. Plus I got to go behind the scenes and make my own Spicy Vegetable Deluxe.
- Being woken up to the best cuddle in the world. I had missed L’s bedtime so he came in early and said he had missed me just hugged me, so tight and for so long. The kind of cuddle that made me think that it didn’t matter how the rest of the day went, it would be perfect.
- Craft, craft, crafting. I’m doing the #12MakesofChristmas for Hobbycraft, so I got to spend the day making cards and decorating baubles without any guilt. Me time that was also work time. Woop.
- Finally getting round to sorting out the SSL certificate for my blog. It’s not a big thing, or very exciting, but it’s one of those jobs I had been putting off and putting off. So it felt great to actually just do it. A little moment of satisfaction and happiness.
- Staying up late to get enough work done that I could properly relax over the weekend. Well worth it. I can’t relax if I’ve got work hanging over my head, so for me to be calm and to have fun it is way better to just forgo some sleep and get stuff done.
- Just seeing how excited L was when he packed him into the car for Chessington. He made up a little song. He chatted. He asked us a million times if we were there yet. He was probably the most excited I’ve ever seen him.
- Watching L on all the rides at Chessington. He went on so many and made the most of having his Nanny and Grandad with him as well. He did one ride about 5 times in a row, so I was glad there were a few of us to take turns with him too! I was so worried he wouldn’t like the rides but he had a blast.
- Seeing L’s face when we got into our Giraffe themed room. He couldn’t believe he had his own bunk beds and TV. He loved the big giraffe toy that was waiting for him and took great delight in introducing him to Gerry. Then he realised he could see the giraffes in the safari park from our window and I was surprised we ever got him back out of the room! I loved that he had a separate sleeping area so I got to spend the evening with a bottle of wine and my mother in law whilst he slept and have a good chat.
- Meeting the Gruffalo. I’m just going to leave that there. His face in the picture says it all.
- Getting to go on some of the grown up rides. We made the most of being hotel guests and getting the early ride times, coupled with having willing grandparents on hand to watch L, and scampered off to do some rides. To be fair all five of us had a brilliant weekend and I think a big highlight was the Zufari ride when we got bumped by some rhinos. Honestly, as soon as we got back I started looking a prices and dates for a return visit.
I’m really glad I write down a few positives from each day and then go back through them each week, or in this case month. It helps keep me focused, calm and therefore happy. It is also a great way to keep a note of the things we’ve done.
I’m linking up with #BloggerClubUK, #BestandWorst & #CoolMumClub just because I love them.