For my birthday last year I was given a great book ‘Calm’ and a journal from my friends. To help me find some calm in my life and to de-stress a little. I have been writing in my journal everyday since and on Wednesday’s (or late on a Tuesday) I go through the daily highlights I’ve written down and pick out my 10 favourites.
This week has been a catch up week. Still busy but less crazy. I’ve been feeling really ill, which is hardly a shock considering I haven’t stopped in weeks. I feel I’m getting there though.
Here are my top ten moments from the last 7 days:
- Having a lunchtime nap in my car. Sounds pathetic but it really was the highlight of my day. I had been feeling so ill. So ill. But I made myself a nest of L’s toys, popped the heating on and had a 40 minute nap on my lunch break. I felt like a new woman!
- Taking some time to get some more crafting done. 3 weeks in a row I’ve taken time out to craft. Yes, it’s for a blogging job, but it’s something I truly enjoy and it feels like I’m taking time for me.
- Booking the most amazing Christmas present for husb. I’m desperate to tell him what I’ve got but it must remain a secret. Next year is shaping up to be awesome though!!!!
- Catching up with a friend I hadn’t spoken to in years. Was great to just chat and see what we had both been up to. It had been far too long since we last spoke but despite that it was easy and like it was yesterday we last had a chat.
- Getting tickets to see Feeder next year. I haven’t been to a gig in forever and really miss it. I also happen to love Feeder and its a greatest hits tour, so should be epic.
- Watching L have a brilliant time at his friend’s birthday party. He was happy playing with his friends without me, going down the biggest slide I have ever seen him do by himself. It also meant I got chance to have a chat with some of the other parents who I get on with.
- Having a lovely afternoon with my in-laws. A nice catch up, a glass or two of wine and a few minutes to just unwind. L had spent the weekend with them to help us out with some childcare over the weekend. So it was nice to go and pick him up and have a nice afternoon as well.
- Sorting out my Christmas shopping. I’ve literally got two presents left to buy and I know what I’m getting so, it’s pretty much done. It is such a weight off my shoulders. Just got the wrapping to do now.
- Fitting in some reading. I had been doing so well at the beginning of the year, making sure I found some time for myself everyday to read. That has completely fallen by the wayside though. There haven’t been enough hours in the day and as ever I fall to the bottom of the pile. So to actually sit down for 30 minutes and read has been lovely.
- Seeing L get more and more days in a row without accidents. It feels like there is light at the end of the tunnel and it has been a long, dark tunnel. It’s good to see him getting excited about it too.
I’m really glad I write down a few positives from each day and then go back through them each week, or in this case month. It helps keep me focused, calm and therefore happy. It is also a great way to keep a note of the things we’ve done.
I’m linking up with #BloggerClubUK, #BestandWorst & #CoolMumClub just because I love them.