For my birthday last year I was given a great book ‘Calm’ and a journal from my friends. To help me find some calm in my life and to de-stress a little. I have been writing in my journal everyday since and on Wednesday’s (or late on a Tuesday) I go through the daily highlights I’ve written down and pick out my 10 favourites.
This week has been tiring. L has decided that sleep is not really the in thing anymore and as such refuses to do it for long. I’m so tired! It’s been a nice week though. Really nice actually.
Here are my top ten moments from the last 7 days:
- L went out with his grandparents and I was home alone. It was nice to get a few bits done. You know, like car insurance, woo hoo, without having him in the background.
- Going to a VIP event at McDonald’s with the family. L was in his element and loved having the staff at his beck and call. Husb ate two burgers, two! Not that I can talk, I enjoyed a McFlurry. Mmm. It was a late night for L but it was fun to go to a local event and bring everyone along with me and not have to think of any real logistics.
- I got so much done on Friday I started to be able to see the light at the end of the tunnel and put myself in a position I could actually relax over the weekend. Such a nice feeling.
- Saturday we went to see another school. It was an open morning so a couple of L’s friends were there. Not the best way to see a school but enough for us to get a feeling for it and it’s not one for us. L had a blast with his friends though and having been unsure about others we’ve seen it was actually really good for me to see a definite no, mainly just so I know what that feels like.
- After we had seen the school we popped back to L’s little friend’s house and had a chat with his parents. It was the first time Andy had spent any, non birthday party, social time with them and it was just really lovely. I already get on really well with the mum and maybe, just maybe, we have some new friends.
- Driving into work on a windy but sunny afternoon with the autumn leaves swirling round my car like snow. It was just oddly perfect and really made me smile.
- The in-laws popped over Sunday afternoon. We were supposed to be seeing some fireworks but L point blank refused and I was too tired to fight it. So instead we had a nice afternoon, shared a few drinks and watched some neighbours fireworks from the window. I only saw three and they were less than impressive but hey, I was warm and dry, plus I had a glass of wine in my hand.
- A morning spent sorting out odd jobs, including moving our mobile contracts left me feeling quite happy about the amount I had achieved.
- Spending some lazy time with L after nursery and just chatting and being with each other. Turns out no sleep at night means a cuddly boy during the day. It also means he’s just brimming with rage, so you have to take the good moments while they last!
- Going for an impromptu trip to the beach with L. I love that we’re close enough to just hop in the car and go. We took some of his diggers, played in the sand, found a new play area had been built and shared a portion of chips before going to see the life boat. It was just a perfect day.
I’m really glad I write down a few positives from each day and then go back through them each week, or in this case month. It helps keep me focused, calm and therefore happy. It is also a great way to keep a note of the things we’ve done.
I’m linking up with #BloggerClubUK, #BestandWorst & #CoolMumClub just because I love them.