For my birthday last year I was given a great book ‘Calm’ and a journal from my friends. To help me find some calm in my life and to de-stress a little. I have been writing in my journal everyday since and on Wednesday’s (or late on a Tuesday) I go through the daily highlights I’ve written down and pick out my 10 favourites.
This week was going really well until my car failed it’s MOT. Aaargh!!! Now I don’t have a car for the rest of the week. I live in the back of beyond. I cannot get a bus. I still have everything to do. Did I say aaargh!?
Here are my top ten moments from the last 7 days:
- Snow! Not much but still it was beautiful to watch and hopefully we will get more. I love snow.
- L creeping into our bedroom at around 3.30am and whispering to Husb ‘Daddy I’ve found two of the Elves, quietly now, lets hunt down the rest’. It was so funny it was all I could do not to laugh out loud, it’s as if he thinks we have a herd of them, we do not. Thankfully he just went back to bed and resumed searches at a more reasonable hour.
- The start of advent. Woop. I’ve two calendar’s this year. The Yankee Candle one I bought last week and a Reese’s Calendar Husb got me, which is great as I am the only one in the house who likes Reese’s! L has a wooden calendar I’ve popped little chocolates into and an advent puzzle which we add to each day.
- Getting to go to work wearing my Christmas Jumper. For the whole of December I get to this, it’s very exciting. If that wasn’t enough for me when I arrived at work I found we had all been provided with our own fun corporate branded jumpers and santa hats. So excited! It’s a little thing that makes a big difference, it genuinely made me feel valued.
- Husb actually taking L out so I could get some blog work done over the weekend. It’s one of those simple gestures that is forever promised but rarely actually happens and it meant that I could not only catch up a bit but also relax over the weekend.
- Catching up with the in-laws over the weekend and seeing a marked improvement in my Father in Law. He’s still struggling after his accident and subsequent complications but at least he is now home and just about managing the pain.
- Finding a free Lego exhibition on a day I had 4 hours to kill whilst my car had its ill fated MOT and service. Lego = Happy Child. Free = Happy Mummy. Ta da!
- Enjoying a really long walk with L taking in my favourite stretch of Norwich’s Riverside Walk. His poor feet were sore by the end but he was really well behaved, maybe because the walk ended by Toys ‘R’ Us, maybe not, who knows? Hmmm. We all know!
- Realising how lucky I am when my amazing neighbour offered to drive me to work when she found out about my car. I love her and shall be buying her wine.
- Having a little nap on the sofa whilst L played nicely with his toys. Bliss.
I’m really glad I write down a few positives from each day and then go back through them each week. It helps keep me focused, calm and therefore happy. It is also a great way to keep a note of the things we’ve done.
I’m linking up with #BloggerClubUK, #BestandWorst & #CoolMumClub just because I love them.