For my birthday a couple of years ago I was given a great book ‘Calm’ and a journal from my friends. To help me find some calm in my life and to de-stress a little. I have been writing in my journal everyday since and on Wednesday’s (or late on a Tuesday) I go through the daily highlights I’ve written down and pick out my 10 favourites.
So I’m slowly getting back into the flow of things after the lovely Christmas break I had and a fab birthday weekend. I’ve been making sure to have some time to myself each day which has done wonders for my overall mood. It’s been a good week.
So here are my top ten moments from the last 7 days:
- Taking time every morning to get out for a quick walk by myself. I have to be organised and up and about early. It is so worth it though. Just 20 minutes of quiet, all by myself. It is so nice.
- Going to the playground with the lad and being silly. Well, he was mainly being silly whilst I walked round the swings in circles to keep warm! We did have fun though.
- L helping me open my birthday presents. He passed me each gift one at a time, in the order that suited him best. Taking all the paper away and disposing of it, behind the sofa, but hey ho. He was very sweet and very excited. I also happened to egt some lovely gifts. There’s definitely a spa day on the horizon, yey!
- Watching L sing me birthday songs and dance with a giant inflatable dinosaur. I mean what’s not to love about that??
- Getting some errands done in Norwich and spending some of my birthday and Christmas vouchers. We even stopped for a drink and a muffin. L enjoyed showing his Daddy round the Lego exhibition we had visited a few weeks ago. We even caught up with my Mother-In-Law who was shopping as well. Just a pleasant and productive way to spend the morning.
- Getting into work and being thoroughly spoilt by my manager with a delicious bottle of gin. I’m so happy I’ve made such good friends at work. I really am very lucky.
- A lovely walk around Southwold for my birthday. It was really windy, the waves were crashing and it was really impressive. It certainly blew the cobwebs out!
- Lunch at the Lord Nelson with a G&T. It was all I wanted for my birthday. A day out with my boys. A walk and lunch at my favourite pub. It did not disappoint.
- Picking the kid up from nursery and heading to Costa for a drink and cake. Just because we could. Some of our friends joined us too, which L loved. He chit chatted away and we both had a lovely afternoon.
- Enjoying a little walk round town with the boy. He was on his balance bike and I was trying to stay upright in the mud! It was a giggle .
I’m really glad I write down a few positives from each day and then go back through them each week. It helps keep me focused, calm and therefore happy. It is also a great way to keep a note of the things we’ve done.
I’m linking up with #BloggerClubUK, #BestandWorst & #CoolMumClub just because I love them.