For my birthday a couple of years ago I was given a great book ‘Calm’ and a journal from my friends. To help me find some calm in my life and to de-stress a little. I have been writing in my journal everyday since and on Wednesday’s (or late on a Tuesday) I go through the daily highlights I’ve written down and pick out my 10 favourites.
It’s been a funny old week. I seem to have nothing but been really busy at the same time. I’ve been walking loads and the boy is happy so that’s about all I can ask for really.
Here are my top ten moments from the last 7 days:
- Getting my tax return done. Lord knows why I left it so late. But with the deadline looming it was weighing heavily on my mind. So actually sitting down and completing it was a great feeling! I will not leave it so late this year. As soon as I get my P60 from work I’ll be on it. Swear.
- I’ve got back into the habit of meditating and I’ve started to feel the benefits of it again. That sense of calmness and a better ability to deal with things. I can’t what stopped me before but I’m glad I’ve carved out the time for it again.
- Continuing with my walks. I can’t remember the last time I hit my steps goal for more than two days in a row unless I was on holiday. I’ve done it everyday so far this year. That’s a major deal for me.
- Popping into Norwich on the bus. L loves a trip on the bus, he doesn’t even care what we are doing, so long as he gets to travel on the bus. Plus using the park and ride saves me having to find a space in the city centre on a Saturday!
- A lovely wander round the air museum at Flixton. It’s a fab day out and free, they just ask for donations, which we are always happy to give. L loves all the planes and getting to sit in some of the models.
- Running round playing football with the kid and just playing. He loves the weekends with both of us home. We always try to do something fun. Fun and outside whenever possible.
- A lovely morning to myself. A productive one. I sorted the shopping, the laundry and two blog posts. I even got a few minutes just to sit and relax!
- Jumping in all the puddles on the way to the dentists. All of the puddles. He was so wet I had to get him to sit on my scarf in the waiting room. He was really happy though.
- L being a superstar at the dentists. He was on the chair with his mouth wide open before the dentist had his gloves on! Now that’s good going.
- Heading off to the zoo for the day with some friends. It was lovely for L to be able to run off and cause mischief with his bestie and it was lovely for me to be able to have a chat with another adult!
I’m really glad I write down a few positives from each day and then go back through them each week. It helps keep me focused, calm and therefore happy. It is also a great way to keep a note of the things we’ve done.
I’m linking up with #BloggerClubUK, #BestandWorst & #CoolMumClub just because I love them.