For my birthday a couple of years ago I was given a great book ‘Calm’ and a journal from my friends. To help me find some calm in my life and to de-stress a little. I have been writing in my journal everyday since and on Wednesday’s (or late on a Tuesday) I go through the daily highlights I’ve written down and pick out my 10 favourites.
Lost my mojo a bit this week. I’ve found myself with no drive, no focus, nothing. I know it’s just because I’ve been unwell and it’s knocked me for 6 a bit, but I’m eager to get back to normal.
Here are my top ten moments from the last 7 days:
- My sweet little boy making me a nest on the sofa and looking after me whilst I struggled with a dreadful sinus headache. I thought I was going to go full blown migraine but didn’t, so that’s two good things really!!
- Going for a walk in the sleet and rain and still having fun. Good to get some fresh air and watch L run around like a fool.
- Getting my latest Gin subscription box, lush! Not only did I get a bottle of gin but also gin flavoured fudge. It’s the best thing I have ever treated myself too.
- Catching up with my friends at work. Our shifts hadn’t aligned in ages so it was lovely to have a good catch up.
- Getting my craft on with a Valentine’s Day project for Hobbycraft. Any excuse! Plus it was my first love, cross stitch, it’s been great ‘having’ to do some crafts.
- Regular updates on the daddy and son film afternoon whilst I was at work. Of course I would have rather been with them, but I love knowing they are having some quality time together, it makes me happy.
- Popping over to a friends to get L’s passport application signed. It’s getting closer and closer now. I’ve got a shortlist of holidays and can’t wait to just get something booked. I’m so excited already, however will I cope when I’ve got his passport in hand and holiday paid for?
- Having an impromptu Valentine’s Day Party with L. Just the two of us and purely so I could blog about it, but we had a blast. Just a silly, fun way to spend an afternoon.
- Getting to sleep in!! Husb is ill now, but that meant no alarm, L had been up a lot during the night, but that meant he was tired this morning. This all added up to me getting a few solid hours sleep and not getting up until gone 7am. Lush!
- Finishing my Valentine’s Cross stitch and getting started on an Easter craft project which the boy got to help with. It’s always fun t get a bit messy with him.
I’m really glad I write down a few positives from each day and then go back through them each week. It helps keep me focused, calm and therefore happy. It is also a great way to keep a note of the things we’ve done.
I’m linking up with #BloggerClubUK, #BestandWorst & #CoolMumClub just because I love them.