For my birthday I was given a great new book ‘Calm’ and a journal from my friends to help me find some calm in my life and to de-stress a little. I have been writing in my journal everyday and on Wednesday’s I go through the daily highlights I’ve written down and pick out my 10 favourites.
This week has been pretty good actually, a lovely weekend away with the other half, enjoying the Festival of Light in Cambridge, finishing off one big project with Hobbycraft and getting started on a second and lots of silly fun with the little one.
It amazing the difference a week can make! I’m in such a completely different space this week in comparison to last, it’s nice. Here are my top ten moments:
1. Enjoying the e-Luminate Festival of Light in Cambridge, an evening walk in a beautiful city with amazing light displays. Over the day we covered about 9 miles, just walking and enjoying the sights and chatting, but the evening was outstanding.
2. Getting to listen to some amazing classical organ and choir concerts inside the college chapels as part of the Trail of Light. It felt very grown up and cultured and is the kind of thing I love to do but as no one else in the house likes classical music I don’t often get the chance.
3. Enjoying Domino’s pizza, prosecco and the Paddington Bear movie in our hotel room, so grown up!! One of the best Valentine’s celebrations we’ve had, plus a lay in the next morning was AWESOME!
4. Going to the cinema to watch Deadpool and finding out we had the fancy leather reclining seats, so luxurious, proper fancy pants. Plus the film was really funny and I got to gaze at Ryan Reynolds for a bit whilst enjoying a Terry’s Chocolate Orange, winner.
5. Getting home to L after our trip away, I’d missed my little boy and enjoyed the amazing cuddles I got when I picked him up, he was also really excited that we had bought our LED light wands from the weekend home with us, best gift ever.
6. Being asked to make some more projects for the Hobbycraft blog, I had literally finished off last weeks projects when they asked if I could fit some more in, now that’s the kind of work I like!
7. Going for a lovely walk with L, it makes me realise how independent he’s getting, no reins any more, no hand holding, just walking nicely by my side and randomly chatting to a road worker who was trying to patch up the path, L chatted to him for ages he liked the mini tractor!
8. Having fun in the garden, picking up leaves, playing games and watering the lawn to create muddy puddles, someone had been watching too much Peppa Pig, but watching the joy on his face means a little mud is worth while.
9. Having a lovely long chat with a close friend of mine, I don’t have a huge circle of friends but the ones I have are cracking ones and a 5 minute chat or 3 hour catch up, it doesn’t matter, I feel lifted afterwards.
10. Spending an evening making up the kits from my Surprise Box Club delivery, it was lovely taking an evening off and making some grown ups crafts, ones I wanted to do and didn’t involve finger painting.
I’ve been a bit rubbish with my calm routine this week, I’ve kept up with the journal well but I haven’t managed to make time to meditate or get a daily walk which is bad of me and I really must, I’ve even neglected my evening stretches, but this week is a new week and I have the best intentions, so daily walks and meditation here I come.
Linking up with #BloggerClubUK