For my birthday I was given a great new book ‘Calm’ and a journal from my friends to help me find some calm in my life and to de-stress a little. I have been writing in my journal everyday and on Wednesday’s I go through the daily highlights I’ve written down and pick out my 10 favourites.
This week we have been dealt a curve ball I never saw coming, one I so desperately need to write about because it is so bloody awful, one I have so many mixed emotions about and one that I could really do with some advice on. But this is one particular curve ball I can’t write about, not just yet, for many reasons.
For starters it is not my story to tell and whilst I love to share everything that happens in my life as I find it helpful and therapeutic, I know that sometimes when something deeply personal and tragic happens to someone in my group it may affect me, but it is not mine to share. In this case there is also ongoing investigations, a lot of tough decisions looming and I don’t know how the story will end. I just don’t.
What I will say is that my husband, little L and I are all OK, so please do not worry about us and just writing that little bit has lifted a little of the weight and stress from my shoulders.
This post however is about positivity, so here are my top ten moments from the last 7 days:1. Chocolate Ice Cream. Have you had the Belgium Chocolate Ice Creams from Aldi? They are amazing! Really Amazing! Happiness on a stick.
2. Getting a couple of early nights in and catching up on some sleep. Sleep is crazy important but I, like a lot of people, tend to push my exhaustion to one side. This week I’ve tried to be more mindful of it and feel a lot better for it.
3. A good nursery drop off. L loves nursery, but that moment when I leave he usually screams, cries, chases after me and generally makes me feel like the most horrific mother in the whole entire world! So when the good drop off happens and he waves me good bye they really make the world of difference.
4. This week has been a very cuddly and affectionate week with the boy, so I’ve been lapping it up as no doubt it will be over far too soon. Lots of cuddles, lots of love and lots of Pixar movies.
5. Arranging to work with a few amazing brands for Mother’s Day.
6. Baking cakes. I love getting the chance to bake, we all love getting to eat whatever I have made, plus L really likes to help me. I am of course using the word help in the loosest of terms.
7. Having a really fun trip to the zoo, I love having a pass to our local zoo, it means however strapped for cash we are pre pay day we still have somewhere fab we can go and have a great time, all of us love the zoo.
8. Kisses. Don’t get too excited, we’re talking soggy and slightly bitey toddler kisses, but he has been super affectionate this week even pushing mummy and daddy’s faces together so we could have a little kiss, super duper romantic with said soggy toddler being right there, but really super cute too.
9. Dancing. This week my little boy has been all about shaking his bum to some loud tunes and of course singing along, la la la lalala la la!
10. Playing a balloon game with L, he would sit on a balloon and purposefully fall of it, there was a lot of laughter! *There was also a certain amount of ‘it’s going to pop’ balloon related stress from Mummy, but mainly there was laughter.
It’s been a long week but it has had some amazing moments.
Linking up with #BloggerClubUK