KIRSTIE ALLSOPP REVEALS A STAR STUDDED LINE UP FOR THIS YEAR’S HANDMADE FAIR
This month sees tickets for Kirstie Allsopp’s The Handmade Fair (16th-18th September), which is sponsored by Hobbycraft and in association with Mollie Make, go on sale. In addition, Kirstie reveals a host of celebrity ambassadors who will be joining her at the three day lifestyle event at The Green at Hampton Court Palace.
As you know at the end of last year I went to the Christmas Handmade Fair with my friend Sarah and had the best time. I cannot wait for this year’s Handmade Fair and will certainly going, there is so much to see and do you’ll easily fill a day, or two, or three.
Star of the Sewing Bee, Patrick Grant will be attending The Handmade Fair along with the Queen of upcycling, Annie Sloan, the Royal baker, Fiona Cairns and beauty businesswoman, Liz Earle. All will be on stage in the Super Theatre with Kirstie, sharing their top tips on everything from sewing and home décor to baking and much more.
From 10am today, the nation will be able to secure their place at the lifestyle Fair to see Kirstie and friends in action; tickets will be available to purchase from www.thehandmadefair.com. The event, which is now in its third year, mixes shopping with lots of hands on making to deliver an unforgettable experience for thousands of guests. Last year saw over 14,000 people enjoy a day out at the Fair and 2016 is set to be bigger and better than ever thanks to a host of new ambassadors and lifestyle workshops.
The event brings together Britain’s best handmade products, craft supplies, artisan foods and invites enthusiasts and lovers of all things handmade to come and join in the action. Visitors will also have the chance to spot Kirstie making, shopping and hosting with the ambassadors in the Super Theatre.
Throughout the event, a variety of exhibitors, Kirstie and the celebrity ambassadors will host workshops covering skills from gilding to lino cutting. I have to admit I’m a bit excited about the gilding!!
The Fair is the perfect day out with friends or family, mixing shopping, eating and making, all in one place. Every ticket can be personalised to include the sessions you want to try most. These include:
- A Skills Workshop of your choice – pick from 20 sessions a day covering four main themes; Accessories, Celebrations, Home & Garden and Upcycling with Annie Sloan.
- A Super Theatre session – featuring Patrick Grant, Liz Earle, Amelia Freer, Annie Sloan, Swarovski, and the return of the Mollie Makes Mash-ups
- Grand Make – learn and share your skills with 300 fellow enthusiasts as you make flowers, bumble bees and more to contribute to a huge collaborative Flora and Fauna themed installation.
I tried out a couple of skills workshops at the Christmas Handmade Fair and walked away with some new skills, the things I had made and some new friends, there is a real sense of camaraderie around those tables.
Tickets options include:
– Entry Only tickets, including access to the boutique shopping village and artisan marketplace – £15
– Full Experience tickets include one Super Theatre session, one Skills Workshop, and one Grand Make, as well as access to the boutique shopping village and artisan marketplace – £32
– VIP Experience tickets – All the benefits of a Full Experience ticket, plus VIP perks including free flowing bubbly, lunch, an exclusive Q&A with Kirstie, VIP gift bag, priority seating in the Super Theatre, and all day access to the VIP lounge, with refreshments and entertainment – £95
Kirstie Allsopp comments; ‘I’m thrilled to be back for a third year at The Handmade Fair and this time with a host of fabulous new ambassadors who will inspire guests to get making. It’s a great day out with lots to see, do, shop and eat! Grab your ticket now and I’ll see you there!’
For more information about The Handmade Fair and to buy tickets, visit www.thehandmadefair.com
Disclosure – this is a collaborative post