Before the Royal Wedding, Meghan Markle revealed her £4 go-to daily breakfast routine, that helps to keep her feeling great: a homemade Sambazon Açaí Bowl made with Brazilian Açaí super fruit berries.
Meghan credits her healthy lifestyle to the Californian diet and describes her favourite way to start the day, recommending an “Açaí bowl, clean cleanse shake, or a green juice.”1
- Blend one frozen Sambazon Açaí packet with 1/3 cup of almond milk, 1/2 banana, a handful of frozen berries.
- This should be thick so add almond milk sparingly as you go.
- Top with coconut flakes, fresh berries, sliced banana, a drizzle of manuka honey, sprinkle of bee pollen, and serve immediately.
Where to Purchase
Sambazon Original Blend Superfruit Pack is available in the freezer aisle at Whole Foods Market and Ocado (RRP £4) and the Pure Unsweetened Superfruit Pack is available from Whole Foods Market (RRP £4).
Sambazon Açaíbowls are also available to-go in Whole Foods Piccadilly, Kensington, Richmond & Fulham and Crussh branches across London. Purchase from the juice bar.
Sambazon takes its name from its core goal: the Sustainable Management of the Brazilian Amazon. It aims for and represents a positive future of global food consumption that makes a positive impact on local communities and protects the biodiversity of the Amazon Rainforest.
Its superfoods are a simple and delicious way to have positive impact on the future. They are the only Açaí company that is purpose-driven and:
- certified organic as well as Fairtrade
- pioneers hand harvesting. Picking acai berries by hand minimally impacts the environment
- prevents deforestation – over 2,000,000 hectares saved to date
- pays fair wages to support 30,000+ family farmers
- reinvests in the community by building local schools and hospitals
- closes the loop – the factories use our acai seeds as fuel while the rest are donated to the locals who turn them into jewellery
Since day one, it has operated under the ‘Triple Bottom Line’ philosophy, which measures success in three ways: economically, socially and environmentally.
Açaí berries are 80-90% seed and at Sambazon not a single seed is wasted: they are either handcrafted by local artisans into jewellery or used as fuel for brick and tile makers. To further support the environment, Sambazon Açaí never sees an aeroplane – every pack is shipped to the UK.
Disclosure – this is a collaborative post