I have been trying very hard over recent months to make sure I drink enough water, but I hadn’t given much thought to how much L was drinking. So when I saw the Robinsons #EnjoyMoreWater challenge with BritMums I just knew I had to take part.
Facts – 64% of parents say they do not know how much water their children should be drinking each day, 42% saying their children find the taste of water boring.
- Well I always let him pick his flavour, that really helps.
- With the small, squeezy and importantly non-spill Squash’d bottles I can even let him put his own squash in his drink.
- Add an ice cube. Whatever the weather he is way more excited about an ice cube than I thought possible.
- Let him use a big boy glass, not sippy cup, bottle of even plastic cup. An actual glass. Whilst this is not always possible I try to let him do it whenever it is practical as he really enjoys it.
- Repeatedly offering him drinks if he is playing in the sun. If L is busy doing something else he’ll soon forget about being thirsty. So when we are outdoors in the sun I am constantly reminding him to drink. The other day I was literally passing him his cup for a sip with every scooted lap of the of the garden.
- We don’t shy away from squash. He brushes his teeth morning and evening. He has very little by the way of sweet treats. So you know what, if he wants to drink squash all the time then he can. The only time I don’t let him is with his night time drink. Besides Robinsons Squash’d has no added sugar and is free from artificial colours and preservatives.
Actually actively watching how much he drinks has really helped me drink more as well, so that’s a serious plus! I’m definitely going to keep up with making sure he drinks plenty. More so now it is getting so warm and he is so busy.