Y-cam Evo and Protect a simple DIY camera and alarm system that’s great value
Y-cam Solutions, multi-award winning smart security range including Evo and Protect gives peace of mind and makes home security easy and accessible to everyone. With no monthly fees this hassle free tech is cost effective compared to other solutions.
Y-cam Protect, a DIY alarm system designed to actively monitor your home and reduce your chances of becoming a victim of burglary. Simple to set up, everything you need is in the box so you can secure your home within minutes. Y-cam Evo is a security camera that you can set up in minutes and monitor remotely on your phone, tablet and PC whenever you want.
Protect is part of the multi-award winning Y-cam smart security range, expanding the company’s vision to give peace of mind and make home security easy and accessible to everyone. With no monthly fees it’s hassle free and cost effective compared to other solutions.
To save you even more money I have joined up with Y-cam to offer my readers £20 off any Y-cam Camera, Alarm or Bundle (not accessories though). Having been burgled I really value home security and Y-cam offer some amazing, easy to use solutions.
To get you £20 discount just quote code ANYWAY20 at checkout, code valid until 31st March 2017.
Smart Technology You Can Trust
Crime is a fact of life, but installing a home security alarm acts as an effective deterrent and can combat opportunist burglars. Protect is a flexible, hassle-free way to monitor your property and ensure your family feels safe and secure. Protect has been designed to deliver peace of mind 24/7 and help you look after what matters most.
Protect features include:
- Hassle free simple set up – Designed so that no technical knowledge is required to be up and running in minutes. Ideal for consumers who want an “out of the box” home security solution with no messy cabling or drilling required
- Total control – providing access at your fingertips anywhere, anytime. Arm and disarm your alarm through your smartphone or tablet with Y-cam’s free iOS and Android app; change settings, view recent activity and manage sensors from the app and even sound the alarm
- Instant alarm notifications to your smartphone – Y-cam Protect gives you the information you need so you can take appropriate action no matter where you are. In addition to instant push notifications being sent to your smartphone, Y-cam Plus members can also receive SMS notifications to you and your trusted pre-defined contacts to tell you whenever an alarm has been triggered.
- 24/7 line monitoring – Around one in five burglars will attempt to cut communication lines before breaking in; Y-cam Protect has a secure communication line to the outside world which is monitored 24 hours a day using Y-cam’s unique cloud technology and experienced engineers, ensuring you are notified whenever the line is down.
- Triple Layer™ Security – It is estimated the average UK home broadband internet connection is down approximately 18 full days a year. With SIM card backup, Internet backup and 8 hour battery backup, your Y-cam Protect system remains fully operational, even if your internet connection is down or you have a power cut. Triple LayerTM means you benefit from high professional security standards, without the high cost
- The complete solution – Over 94% of all burglar alarms are estimated to be false, i.e. not caused by a break-in. Y-cam Protect gives Front Line Protection against break-ins and together with Y-cam cameras allows visual verification of alarms remotely from your device
- Expandable System – Every property is different, so Y-cam Protect is designed to be a personal system tailored to your individual needs. Easily expandable over time, you can add up to 32 sensors and remotes to fully protect what matters to you
- Portable system – Y-cam Protect can be used in many different locations and scenarios, from protecting a whole home to a single drawer. The principle is the same – if access has been breached, you will know. Even if you don’t have internet connection available at the location you can still connect via the mobile networks*
- Flexible – Use via Internet with SIM backup, internet only or SIM only*, you decide. There is also power back up. This also means you can install anywhere without being limited to internet or power availability
- *Plus Service – designed to complement Y-cam Protect, Y-cam Plus gives customers optional added benefits and additional peace of mind.
Established in 2007, Y-cam Solutions Ltd is an award-winning British technology company specialising in easy to use and affordable smart security solutions for the non-technical consumer. Customers can buy with confidence, knowing that the product they own today will only get better over time. Our technology is being updated regularly and these new benefits are passed directly to our customers. Over the last 12 months Y-Cam has released new functionality on average once every 7 weeks, including many new features for free.
What’s in the box?
- Protect Hub – The Protect Hub is the central nerve centre for your Protect Alarm system and is what all your sensors link to. It includes 8 hour battery backup, a pre-installed SIM card and a Siren. You can control your Protect Hub from your Remote or by using your smart device app, meaning you can access it anywhere and also receive instant alerts at any time.
- Protect Access Sensor – The Access Sensor secures any potential access points in your property including doors, windows and cupboards. The sensor come in two parts and will trigger the alarm when the link between them in broken. It also has a tamper switch, meaning any interference with the sensor will also trigger the alarm.
- Protect Motion Sensor – The Motion Sensor picks up movement when the Y-cam Protect Alarm is activated. It is also linked to the remote, so when you press the ‘Home’ button the motion sensor will be deactivated, so you or your pets can move around your property while the alarm is still activated without setting off the alarm, knowing the exterior perimeter is still armed.
- Protect Remote – The Remote allows you to conveniently control the Y-cam Protect alarm system without having to open up the Y-cam app on your smartphone. It enables instant arm/disarm, has a home button that will disarm internal sensors and a Plus Action Button for Y-cam Plus Service members, allowing you to customise your Protect alarm system. The remote is for use within local reception range of the hub.
Y-cam Protect is available from www.y-cam.com for just £149.99
*SIM back up requires Plus Service Subscription
Disclosure – contains affiliate links