Duerr’s jam have a fantastic range if jams, marmalade and sauces and I have been experimenting with the Grapefruit Marmalade as it is just a bit different from the norm.
Of course breakfast is the obvious choice, spread thick on toast it a wonderfully zingy way to start the day but for something a bit different why not try my Sticky Grapefruit Drizzle Cake. It’s easy, super tasty and works every time!
What you’ll need
For the cake
- 3 tbsp Duerr’s Grapefruit Marmalade
- 3 Eggs
- 175g Softened Butter
- 175g Caster Sugar
- 175g Flour
For the topping
- 1 tbsp Duerr’s Grapefruit Marmalade
- The juice of one lemon
- Icing Sugar
- Preheat oven to 170c and prepare a cake tin.
- Cream together butter and sugar.
- Mix in the three eggs.
- Add the Marmalade and mix in until fairly smooth.
- Finally stir in the flour until you have a smooth batter.
- Pour into the cake tin and bake for 50 minutes.
- Once baked remove from oven and leave to cool in tin for approx 10 minutes whilst you make the topping.
- Add the marmalade to the juice of one lemon and microwave for 20-30 seconds until the marmalade mixes into the lemon juice to form a sauce. It will be bit lumpy but that doesn’t matter.
- Mix in icing sugar to taste.
- Turn the cake out onto a plate and whilst warm use a fork to prick lots of small holes into the top of the cake.
- Cover with the sticky drizzle mix and leave to cool.
The cake is best served before anyone else gets home!! Just be sure to hide the evidence.
Disclosure – I was provided with my Marmalade for the purpose of this article.