This plus that equals….massive Mummy Guilt
Here’s the latest instalment in my series of posts all about what makes our lives here at home tick. This week is what gives me a good case of mummy guilt!
- Sending him to nursery, he loves it, it’s good for us both to have the time apart, but when I work from home I cannot shake the feeling that he should be home with me.
- Tantrums. He is two years old, it’s hard being two years old, but sometimes I struggle to not take his tantrums personally and that in turn makes me feel guilty for somehow not being good enough.
- Enjoying time away from him. I love my little boy more than life itself but when I have the odd moment or worse a whole weekend away from him and actually enjoy myself, eurgh, that makes me feel like a horrible mother.
- Not spending much time with other kids or at play groups. We do swimming lessons on a Tuesday, he goes to Nursery two days a week, the rest of them time we spend with each other but sometimes I feel I should be doing more with him.
- Everything else in between!! Why does every choice we make, every little thing, lead us to feel so guilty. Why!
Linking up with #TheBabyFormula